Constant Sorrow

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Server Discussion > 1.8 to 1.9

Constant Sorrow
Site Owner
With the first snapshot release for the 1.9 it is only a matter of time before the the 
full version is released, while no offical date has been set the current expection is
between 6 and 8 months.

My question is when 1.9 is released do you feel we should continue with the current 
map as there are no major terrain changed except in the end.

1.9 is being built so that there is no real effect on the 1.8 end is a new map needed?

Tell what you think?

August 3, 2015 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ThaPolarBear

If you and/or the majority of users absolutely wanted a new map, I wouldn't see it as a problem knowing that starting fresh is always an interesting challenge. That said, a lot of users invested so much time and created so many wonderful builds... I'd miss the old map for sure.

Also, I'm not sure 1.9 is enough of an update to justify a new map, maybe wait until we get another major update, including new biomes and/or major game changes ?

August 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alumiel

Hey there PolarBear, welcome back! 

I'd have to agree with waiting for an update that includes a more significant impact on the visual aesthetics such as biomes and/or building blocks etc. That being said however, I know I haven't been online for a while now, so I understand if my opinion currently carries little weight. :P

August 10, 2015 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Constant Sorrow
Site Owner

Everyones opinion matter whether you signed on last year or last night.  I though I ask what people thought though I agree I think a terrain update would be better fitted for a map update than the current update.

August 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

abint

I vote maybe then.

As far as now with 1.9, all we need to really reset to get all the new stuff is the end world.

August 12, 2015 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.